2 - Czestochowa

Celebrating 50 years since the foundation at Jasna GoraCelebrating 50 years since the foundation at Jasna Gora

The Little sisters came to Poland in 1957 and a first community was formed discreetly.

our houseour house

The house in Czestochowa became the family home for many Little sisters dispersed in the different Eastern European countries where it was not possible for new Religious orders like ours to remain openly.

It was only in 1989 that the Little Sisters became 'visible'.


The chapelThe chapel

Czestochowa and the pilgrimage to the Jasna Gora, became a place of prayer and of meeting as well as noviciate. The hermitage at the bottom of the gardenThe hermitage at the bottom of the garden
View of the hermitageView of the hermitage

A hermitage built at the bottom of the garden gave extra space for retreats and quiet days.

The garden behind the house was soon producing vegetables and fruit and is a wonderful place for barbecues!

Always time for a celebrationAlways time for a celebration

The pottery workshop is being developed where the Little sisters make not only red clay statues of Our Lady giving her Infant Jesus to the world and Christmas sets, so central to he spirituality of the Little sisters. They also use the wheel to make liturgical vessels and vases.

Making pottery statuesMaking pottery statues ...and using the wheel...and using the wheel